The first Green Innovation Competition is now underway. The competition is organised by the Green Partnership of Industrial Parks in China（GPIPC）in collaboration with the China Recycling Economy Association, the Cleaner Production and Circular Economy Research Centre of the China Academy of Environmental Sciences, the China Environmental Investment Alliance and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). This year's competition has invited 10 national economic and technological development zones as supporters, and participants will have the opportunity to enjoy their welfare policies on a priority basis. Since the last edition, we have started to showcase the support policies of four economic development zones: Tianjin, Kunshan, Nanjing, and Jiangning.
China (Qingdao) Overseas Talents Innovation and Entrepreneurship Project Competition
After the evaluation, for the project talents who get the second prize or above in this competition and land in the Shandong Qingdao, Free Trade Zone will get the priority of listing in the leading talents plan in Qingdao and receive RMB 1 million subsidies for R & D, innovation and entrepreneurship and 300,000 subsidies for settling down.
Several policies on the implementation of the " Sycamore tree" talent gathering programme
The leading talents who are evaluated by The West Coast New Area of Qingdao can enjoy RMB 1 million and 500,000 respectively for living and up to 800,000 for buying commercial houses. The enterprises founded by them can receive the regulatory flux 50% interest on the loan, and discount interest amount does not exceed 1 million. The Area gives the secured financing loans with the maximum of 10 million for enterprises whose revenue exceed 50 million within 3 years.
Policies related to Chinese Academicians (including foreigners) and Academicians from developed countries
After the evaluation, team projects led by winners of the international important science and technology awards, world-class scientists, and academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the developed countries can receive the comprehensive funding up to RMB 100 million; Team projects led by winners of “National Science Foundation for Outstanding Youth", "National Young and Middle-aged Experts with Outstanding Contributions" can receive the comprehensive funding up to 5 million to 10 million; Team projects led by person in "Taishan Scholars" project series and Qingdao leading talents in innovation and entrepreneurship can receive the comprehensive funding with the maximum of 3 million to 5 million.
Several Policy Measures on Accelerating the Development of Talent Gathering in China-Shanghai Cooperation Organization Local Economic and Trade Cooperation Demonstration Zone and Qingdao Area of China (Shandong) Pilot Free Trade Zone (for trial implementation)
After the evaluation, talent projects which have won the second prize or above in the national, provincial, and municipal innovation & entrepreneurship competitions and landed in the China Shanghai Cooperation Organization Local Economic and Trade Cooperation Demonstration Zone and Shandong Qingdao Free Trade Zone (two zones) can be directly listed in the Qingdao entrepreneurship and innovation R&D subsidy and receive RMB 300,000 for settling down.
After the evaluation by the HR department in the two zones, top talents from foreign countries, Hongkong, Macao, and Taiwan in the medical treatment and technology innovation field can get 30% living subsidy according to the annual total compensation with no top limit. Top entrepreneurship talents from foreign countries, Hongkong, Macao, and Taiwan can get living subsidies according to the percentage shares of the green taxes and personal product in last year with no top limit.
Provisional Measures of Qingdao International Economic Cooperation Zone (Sino-German Ecological Park) on the Entry of Overseas Students into the Park for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
I． Application Range
Innovation & Entrepreneurship personnel mentioned in this measure refer to the international students who firstly start an enterprise engaged in innovation and entrepreneurship which has the legal person(enterprise) in Qingdao International Economic Cooperation Zone.
International students refer to students study at least 1 year (include 1 year) abroad and get a bachelor’s degree or above or refer to students who get degrees above bachelor or the professional technical qualification at the intermediate level or above, study or work in the universities, colleges, R&D institutions, and companies at least 1 year and get some achievements.
II． Support policies
1. Give the project company established by international students 100% office renting subsidy for the first year. Office area in accordance with the standard of maximum of 8 square meters per person.
2. Give international students 100% house renting subsidy for the first year. Accommodation area in accordance with the standard of minimum 30 square meters per person.
3. In order to encourage international students to continue innovation and entrepreneurship in the park after the first year, the government will offer office renting subsidies according to “innovation & entrepreneurship centre management” and house renting subsidies according to “talents housing action”. Students who choose to work in China can enjoy housing and talent policies in accordance with the relevant city and park policies.
4. After the evaluation, international students who land in the park can apply for project support with the maximum of RMB 3 million. The college students within 5 years after graduation with excellent projects can apply for project support with RMB 1 million to 3 million.
5. International students with above RMB 100,000 personal income tax, can get support from “implementation of individual income tax and housing subsidy for the introduction of talents”. Give 100% reward in the first 3 years and 50% in the following 2 years. （Not to be enjoyed repeatedly with the tax incentive policy for high-level talents in the new area）