I. The goal of the China 13th five years plan
Introduce and cultivate 200 leading talents in innovation and entrepreneurship, 1000 talents in development, 10,000 talents in key industries, and more than 200 high-tech enterprises. The output value of high-tech industries accounts for 58% of the industrial output value above the designated scale and R&D expenses for 3% of GDP. 35 invention patents per ten thousand people. Introduce and collect various funds on a scale of 20 billion. Build innovation chain, talent chain, and industrial chain with the characteristics of National economic and technological development zone.
II. Support to guide talents: In addition to implementing “Jinshan talent” and other municipal key plans of introducing talent, we offer policies below for the leading, backbone, and basic talents in key industries.
1. Support leading talents and the team starting a business. During the 13th five-year plan, 200 talents with independent core technology and R&D achievements that support and lead the industrial development were introduced. Leading talents qualification: Master’s degree or above; Start the business with teams, technologies, and projects; Invested capital no less than 1,000,000; Have the projects with independent intellectual property rights and a good prospect of marketization. 200,000–500,000 RMB for launching is given to leading talents who meet qualifications; Detailed support by “One case One discussion” is provided to excellent talents who play an important role in the zone.
2. Fast cluster development of backbone talents. During the 13th five year plan, 1,000 technical talents and management talents in finding a new path of technology, new mode of business, and the new form of industry were introduced and trained. Backbone talents qualification: Key enterprises or the third R&D platform in the characteristic industry with a healthy development;
Key enterprises or the third R&D platform that urgently need technical or management talents in the key technical and management position; 200,000 annual salaries is given to those introduced talents. 2,000 renting subsidies for max of 2 years according to renting period and contribution and 80,000 to 120,000 subsidies for buying houses are given to backbone talents who meet qualifications.
3. Promote basic talents introduction and cultivation. During the 13th five-year plan, 10,000 basic talents in key characteristic industries are introduced and trained. Basic talents qualifications: Full-time graduates with bachelor’s degree or above; Professional technical qualification personnel at intermediate level or above, technician, or highly skilled personnel; 2 years min working experience and social insurance registration. 30,000-50,000 subsidy for buying houses is given to basic talents who meet qualifications.
III. Support technology innovation. Make technology enterprises bigger and stronger.
1. Strengthen cultivating technology enterprises. During the 13th five year plan, more than 100 enterprises were introduced. Technology enterprises qualification: Business in line with key characteristic industry; Have independent intellectual property or core technology; Have international or national advanced technology level; Have integrated and stable entrepreneurial team; The product has positive marketing prospect. Loan interest with no more than 10 million if the enterprises need to apply for loan and repay on schedule and 50% booth subsidy for attending national exhibition with no more than 100,000 annually are given to technology enterprises who meet qualifications and has more than 10 million revenue.
2. Support the qualification of high-tech enterprises. During the 13th five year plan, more than 100 high-tech enterprises were qualified. 100,000 for the first time to qualify as high-tech enterprises is rewarded.
3. Support technology conditions establishment. During the 13th five year plan, more than 50 R&D institutions like public innovation carriers and platforms, technology transfer centers and construction engineering technology research centers at home and abroad, and post doctor’s laboratories were supported. R&D institutions qualifications: Qualified as provincial R&D institutions; Has product with good industrialised prospect. 30% support according to newly purchased R&D equipment in the previous year with the maximum of 10 million is given to R&D institutions who meet requirements; “One case one discussion” is implemented to the institutions, carriers, and platforms.
4. Strength intellectual property system construction.
Supporting intellectual property registration
1) Supporting intellectual property registration
Enterprises and personnel get subsidies for the applied patents:
Invention patent: 3,000RMB per patent, 2,000RMB per patent for personal apply, 4,000RMB per patent for authority;
Utility model patent: 800RMB per patent for enterprises apply, 400 per patent for personal apply, 600RMB per patent for authority;
Industrial design patent: 300RMB per patent, 400RMB per patent for authority;
Foreign patent: 5,000RMB per patent, 30,000RMB per patent for authority. Support no more than 5 nations per patent.
2) Increase the distribution of intellectual property right.
20,000RMB and 5,000RMB respectively are rewarded to enterprises who have more than 20 patents (more than 10 patents are invention patents) and 50 patents (more than 20 patents are invention patents) annually.
10,000RMB and 60,000RMB respectively are rewarded to enterprises who have more than 20 and 50 authorized patents, more than 10 and 25 utility model patents, or more than 5 and 10 invention patents.
10,000 and 20,000RMB respectively are rewarded to enterprises who pass the performance evaluation of Provincial Intellectual Property management standards and National Intellectual Property management standards.
5. Promote mass entrepreneurship and innovation
1) Support innovation space construction.
During the 13th five year plan, a number of innovation spaces with outstanding, resource aggregation, professional service, and distinctive characteristics were constructed.
Innovation space qualification: The core concept is servicing innovation and entrepreneurship and offering offices and other services at low costs for small technology enterprises and entrepreneurial teams; Its service object should be small enterprises and entrepreneurial teams in technology or creative design field.
80% renting subsidy for three years according to the actual office space is given to innovation spaces who meet requirements; 50,000 awards is given to each project that landing in the zone.
2) Cluster of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Encourage and support students, executives, international returned people, and researchers to innovate and start business.
In order to encourage and start the invention and creation, 20% of revenue is rewarded to the inventor who successfully incubates and transfer patent with no more than 10,000. In order to encourage using graduates from universities, the loan discount of 50% of the benchmark interest rate according to the standard of 10,000 per person with the maximum of 20,000 is rewarded to small technology enterprises. 10% of angel investment is rewarded to the innovation and entrepreneurship object that landing in the zone and receive angel investment for the first time.
IV. Support the development of fund industry.
During the 13th five year plan, the funds like venture and equity investment with a total scale of 20 billion were introduced and cultivated.
1. Set government guidance fund. For funds with good reputation and strong guidance, the government support its development by participating in the shares at a ratio of no more than 20% and actively assisting enterprises to introduce guidance funds from the central, provincial, and municipal governments.
2. Local contribution full subsidy. For all kinds of funds registered in the ministry of industry and commerce in the zone, the local contribution formed by the fund, management companies, natural person shareholders, or natural person partners will be fully used to reward the fund or management company to support the further development and growth of private equity fund.
3. Office using for free. Office space under 100 square meters for free in three years is provided to funds or management enterprises with 100 million raised funds.
4. Encourage funds to attract enterprises. 5%-8% of investments for introducing outside projects to Zhenjiang with the maximum of 5,000,000 is rewarded to funds. “One case one discussion” is used for big projects.
For commending, setting models, and motivating the innovation, Technology Progress Award and Innovative talent(team) Award were set.
1. Technology Progress Award.
Object: Stable R&D teams who have provincial R&D platform, cooperation with domestic and foreign research institutions, increasing investment in innovation, core technology breakthrough, individual intellectual property, big production capacity depend on technology innovation, relatively strong competitive advantages, relative economic and social benefits, promotion on industry development, and important effect on competitive advantage. 10,000- 30,000 RMB per prize.
2. Innovative Talents(Teams) Award.
Object: Talents who land in the zone, receive support from talent plan at district level or above, contribute a lot in the R&D or management position, make the innovation of business model or technology, enhance the competitive advantages, make economic and social benefits, and important effect on the industry development. 10,000-30,000RMB per prize. Veto power for negative effects on safety production, environmental protection, and social integrity.