The first Green Innovation Competition is now open for registration. The competition is organised by the Green Partnership of Industrial Parks in China (GPIPC) in collaboration with the China Recycling Economy Association, the Cleaner Production and Circular Economy Research Centre of the Chinese Academy of Environmental Sciences, the China Environmental Investment Alliance and the Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF). This year's competition has invited 10 national economic and technological development zones as supporters, and participants will have the opportunity to enjoy their various welfare policies on a priority basis. In this issue, we take a look at what good policies are in place to support innovation in Guangzhou Development Zone and Hefei Economic and Technological Development Zone, one of our Green Innovation partners.
The following is from the "2020 Hefei Economic and Technological Development Zone Policy on Promoting Science and Technology Innovation
I. Support enterprises to self-innovation and development
1. Subsidized interest for small and medium technology enterprises: 30% discount interest according to the market interest rate of one-year loan and 50% discount interest of one-year other loan are given to enterprises who get the bank loan and are listed in the bank of Ministry of technology. The maximum discount is 5 million RMB, this policy can not enjoy with the municipal policy.
2. The reward for Gazelle Enterprises: 50% reward of the growth of the regional economic contribute with the maxi of 1 million RMB is given to the enterprises who recognized as gazelle at the first time and contributed to the 20% increase of economy.
One-time of 300,000 RMB is given to leading enterprises that incubated or introduced enterprises that were recognized as gazelle enterprises.
3. The reward for national high-tech enterprises: 200,000 RMB is rewarded to newly qualified, requalified, or newly landed national high-tech enterprises.
4. Renting subsidy for national high-tech enterprises: The renting subsidy for offices is given to national high-tech enterprises with an annual tax above 200 RMB/square meter/year and the increase of annual tax is not lower than the regional average according to the 20 RMB/square meter/year in three years with the maxi 800 square meters of the office space.
5. Subsidy of buying R&D equipment: Relevant capital support is given to enterprises that enjoyed the provincial innovation policy.
6. Technology process reward: 200,000 and 100,000 RMB are rewarded to enterprises who got the second of National Technology Process and first of Provincial Technology Process respectively.
II. Encourage the technology transfer
1. Technology contract: For encouraging the regional enterprises to sign the technology contract, 1% reward of turnover in the contract registration system in Anhui annually is given. The reward maximum is 100,000 RMB. This cannot enjoy together with the technology transfer policy.
2. Technology achievement: 1% reward of the annual revenue is given to the research institutions who transfer in the zone and the achievement played the support role. The maximum is 500,000 RMB.
III. Increase the intellectual property level
1. IP flat-rate awards: 6500 RMB per authorized patent and 30,000 RMB per authorized patent in the U.S., Europe, and Japan. Each patent can only enjoy one reward. 10,000 RMB per certificate of layout-design of integrated circuits, a one-time 5000 RMB for 8 certificates of software copyright registration right. Support objects include
Enterprises as the first candidate of the patent
Enterprises who apply with the universities or research institutions and as the first candidate of the patent after the universities or institutions.
The intellectual property must align with the main services.
2. Intellectual property holding reward: 2000 per patent for the first three patents. 10,000, 20,000, and 50,000 RMB respectively for holding 30, 50, and 100 patent.
3. Prize reward: 300,000 RMB for enterprises with the national patent gold prize, 200,000 RMB for enterprises with the national patent excellent prize, and 100,000 RMB for enterprises with the provincial patent gold prize.
4. Reputation reward: 100,000 RMB for the national intellectual property demonstration or advantage enterprise. 50,000 RMB for provincial intellectual property advantage enterprise. 30,000 RMB for municipal intellectual property demonstration enterprises.
5. Implementation of intellectual property standards: 10,000 RMB for the first time recognition.
6. Intellectual property cultivation plan: 50,000 RM for the qualified patent from the plan (in 2 years).